So i've mentioned several times that I am perhaps a little paranoid, scared of everything, a wimp etc, and you may remember me posting about my trip to the tip. Just hold that thought.
Today I was driving home from work, a 50 minute drive, mostly through windy country lanes and the like. Anyway, I was driving along, mulling over the day's event (pretty horrendous, but that's another story) and something caught my eye. Now, I am, as I said, paranoid. I have this tendency of imagining the outcome of a scenario before it actually happens, more often than not the outcome is far worse than reality. Seriously, you do not want to be inside my head when I am on a plane, fairground ride or even sometimes simply walking along the street. It's a scary place to be! Sometimes when I'm driving and the sun is in my eyes, I will ever so carefully pull the sunscreen down as I imagine a large, furry spider nesting in the sunscreen just waiting to be launched onto my lap mid drive! This of course has never happened.
So i'm driving along and something catches my eye. I look up. And there it is. The largest, meatiest (is that a word?) woodlouse in the world. RIGHT ABOVE MY HEAD. Now, if anyone could see me they would have thought I was mad, letting out random squeeky noises and trying to slide to the side of my chair while negotiating bends. While keeping one eye on said woodlouse, I manage to pull over. I scramble out of the car, engine still running and consider how I am going to get this creature out of my car. I then notice a pile of exams on the passenger's chair, grab one and flick the woodlouse far into the countryside.
You see the moral of this story is that these things do happen. I am not paranoid for no reason. I was right to be scared about taking bags of rubbish to the tip because, lo and behold, that disgusting woodlouse has been with me in that car for the past two weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment