Friday, July 25, 2008

Cleaning day

It is the second day of my holiday. It is Friday morning and I am sitting here, drinking a frothy coffee, writing my blog - bliss! Usually at this time in the realm of Queenie, I would be setting up for the next lesson of the day, perhaps drinking a cup of only-just-drinkable instant coffee and eating a dodgy piece of 'cheese on bun' from the canteen. But no, I am here, in my own home with the entire day ahead of me.

Today I am going to spend much of my time cleaning and sorting. This is a chore that I find difficult to get excited about, however once I start I love it! I find cleaning and sorting and rearranging very therapeutic, and ultimately, extremely satisfying. I tend to do a mass clean every holiday, as this seems to be the only time I get when I don't have marking, planning or sleeping to do. My friend Teach was telling me yesterday that she is actually paying one of her 15year old neighbours £7 an hour to help her spring clean her house this week. Not a bad plan I thought!

Another slight motivation behind my cleaning exodus, is that my auntie and uncle mentioned they would be 'popping over to stay' on their way through to Devon. As the weekend is fast approaching I have not had a call and in fact have no idea whether they will turn up or not. So in the event that they do arrive at 5pm tonight expecting a place to stay, I figured that I had better make the place look a bit more presentable - wipe down the skirting boards and dust the mirror!

So I'm off to make another coffee, for that much needed caffeine and energy boost, and turn the music to loud and off I go...

No comments: