This morning while listening to the radio I heard something that inspired me to write this poem. Very quickly put together, but thought I would share it with you.
I am…
I am content childhood memories filled
With laughter and happiness
I am mum, dad and sister
A warm embrace whenever it’s needed
I am my best friends who know my flaws
I am that person who told me
I would fail to thrive at University
And I am my 2.1 honours degree
I am my job, my vocation
the lives of one hundred students
I am my latest read and piece of carefully written prose
I am my home,
shrouded in delicate intricacies of detail
I am my latest purchase
I am life’s simple pleasures
An evening walk by the canal with a loved one
I am laughter that tickles your very insides
I am…what I am.
1 comment:
hey, you commented on mine so i shall return the compliment. Really liked it, as you know already - a poem that hits the reader somewhere has done something right, and this did!
Now go and look at my latest entry, it's heartfelt stuff!
Post a Comment