It's been a while since I last posted and thought it was high time I get blogging again. Did you miss me? Thought so!
It's nearly the end of term, another year over, done and dusted. I can not believe it was over a year ago I left London for the leafy lanes of the Cotswolds and I can not believe I have worked at my new school for nearly a year. On my birthday in May I listed all the things that I had achieved over the past year and was rather shocked at all the changes that had taken place in my life in just 12 months.
As I have mentioned before, I am not a typical Taurean in this sense, as every year my life changes, I seek new challenges and get bored of dull routine. Over the past year I have meet some excellent people and am privileged enough to have some great new friends in my life; Yorkie, Shells and Big bear to name a few. I was so worried when I moved, fearing that I would be alone, how wrong I was! Teach and I have set up a writer's group and I have actually started to write regularly; something that I have longed to do for as long as I can remember. Interestingly, I am really enjoying work and am excited about September (6 weeks holiday first though!)
Another change that has occur ed is one that I can not explain. A few weeks ago I went to Thorpe Park with the school. We sent the kids off and the teachers ambled around the park, drank coffee and went on a few rides. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am the biggest wimp going. Usually I miss out on theme park days as I just end up paying £20 to stand around holding bags. However, this theme park trip was different. I actually went on the ride Nemisis, which goes upside down and 70mph, feet dangling and everything! This was an amazing experience and what made it even more amazing is that I wasn't scared, not even in the slightest. I know many of you are probably wondering what all the fuss is about, as after all it's just a fair ground ride, but no. It was significant in demonstrating to myself that I have changed. Only slightly, but I have. I have started to feel more confident, to not be scared or worried about everything.
I am glad this is happening to me and I can not wait to see what the next year has in store for me. (Maybe a trip to Alton Towers!)
No comments:
Post a Comment