
I'm missing my best mate Shills so much, it is indescribable. There is something about having someone in the world that truely understands you; who will not judge; who will be there no matter what.
I have about five close girl friends; Mrs and HB, my oldest and most cherished school friends; Teach, my uni buddy and fellow teacher; Hays, a party girl like me and Shills, my breath of fresh air, as she knows I call her! Thing is, my breath of fresh air is in Australia. Sooooo far away.
She left in September, after months, perhaps years, of consideration and saving. She finally did it, I was and am, so proud of her, as she is travelling alone. I know she is having the time of her life, and thank God for the internet, facebook and email or I really would feel even further away from her.
Our favourite thing was to get ready for a night out, go for a pizza, usually Pizza Express or ZiZis, consume a couple of bottles of Rose and mull over the week's events and generally gossip. More often than not the night would end in a blur having continued the drinking in several of the town's bars and clubs! We told each other almost everything (Shills, i'm not naive enough to believe you told me everything!!!) and I knew that she would listen, perhaps comment or advise but never judge. I think that that is so rare in a friendship and perhaps i did not appreciate it enough.
Shills and I used to live together during my first year of teaching and the poor thing had to put up with my marking, moaning and sleeping (it was a hard year!). She would be getting in at 8am and I would be going to work; she would be going out at 10pm, while i'd be tucked up in bed. A strange friendship you may think? Chalk and cheese even? But that's the thing, we are so alike in many ways, she brings out the side of me, the fun, happy, at times, tad wild side, while I tame her madness, just ever so slightly.
I can not wait until she comes home. I am counting down the months and days. So Shills where ever you are HURRY UP HOME.....
No comments:
Post a Comment