I am absolutely shattered. I've had enough both physically and mentally.
Tomorrow is the long awaited last day of term and when the last goodbye has been said at 3pm, I will be out that door and on that pub bench quicker than you can say 'Pimms!'
This has been a hard week, you can just see the light at the end of the tunnel but know that you have a hard slog to get there. Trying to keep thirty-five kids entertained and 'educated' for an hour at a time is no mean feat, especially when both parties would much rather be doing something other than sitting in a classroom on a hot summer's day.
Today was especially busy. In Tesco by 7.15am stocking up on sweets, cakes and the like; teaching all day; meetings and then more marking when I got home. You know when you can just feel that heat inside you of rising, all sense of humour slowly evaporating? Well that was me today. I am my own worst enemy. I know this and have always known this. Instead of easing my way into the six week holiday I decide to leave a large proportion of marking to the last evening of the year. Not a wise move. It is however, now completed, all done and dusted and I must say that I do work pretty well under pressure.
I was slightly and insanely apprehensive about the next six weeks. I don't operate very well without set routine and structure to my life. Up at 6am - washed dressed - leave at 7am - get to work 7.46am - teach - home at 6pm - dinner - shower - bed - repeat. I know that all routine will fly swiftly out of the window come Thursday morning, when at 10.30am I will roll over in bed and startle at the time on the clock; thus feeling guilty for the rest of the day that I have wasted a potential of four productive hours sleeping!
And so tomorrow, only three lessons (ok, two of them are watching Romeo and Juliet - it is on the curriculum you know) and then off I go. Summer 2008 begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment