Sunday, August 08, 2010

Shoeaholic anonymous anyone?

It is fair to say that my mother spends the majority of the working week in TkMaxx. Well, not quite but you get my point. My sis (who has just returned from 18 months travelling), my mum and I spent much of Friday traversing the isles of said store. C, my sister, headed for the Bench hoodies and jeans, mum set off for the handbags and homeware and I somehow ended up surrounded by shoes.
It is no secret that I absolutely love shoes. Although, as many of you will know, I love a bargain, there is nothing worse than cheap looking shoes - the same goes for bags, clothes etc. TkMaxx, as my mother tells me, is good for bargains and getting on-offs. As I pondered whether I really needed two more pairs of shoes and scratched around for some justification for buying the high patents and flowery flats, I received some much needed support from my mother.

'You have to buy it now', she told me, 'the stock changes every day and you won't see it again - that's why I have to come here most days.'

So that was that, the decision was made. What more do you need than reassurance from your mother?

And here's one of the pairs I bought. Lovely, wouldn't you agree!? We paid £11 and, when I later googled them, found they are on sale for £48. Suckers!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

They change their stock everyday? Man, bargin shopping is hard work!