Monday, August 23, 2010

The Gallery: A photo I am proud of

Preparing lunch
I took this photo in Ireland. JB and I spent a week in June staying by the beautiful Loch Corrib. The trip was more of a working holiday really as JB was using tales from the trip for his latest book that he is currently writing. I tagged along too and spent the week reading and relaxing. One particular day I decided to go out on the boat with him and the Guille. It was fantastic (although we didn't catch any fish) and we stopped off for lunch on one of the loch's 365 islands for lunch. We moored up, made a fire and enjoyed tea from the Kelly Kettle. I felt like I was a cast member from Lost or Lord of the Flies. I am proud of this picture as I think it captures that enigmatic presence of Loch Corrib. And I might even by lucky enough to have it featured in the book.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top photo is quite breathtaking!

Nic's Notebook said...

Ooooh lovely! Love the sky in the 1st pic :)

Cherished By Me said...

They are both great, I love water shots but the first one is especially stunning. I would be tempted to get it blown up for the wall. :)

Brighton Mum-Teenage Angst said...

I love the reflection of the sky on the water in the first shot, just lovely!

bubbleboo said...

Beautiful shots - I adore the first one, so peaceful :)