Thursday, July 29, 2010

Toy Story 3



JB and I had a lovely day out today with V, our friend and next door neighbour, and her two children who are 5 and 7. We all went to see Toy Story 3 at the cinema. Now I'm sure one of the perks of having children is being able to relive your childhood and do all those things that adults shouldn't really do but have to 'because of the kids.' A perfect example of this is the parent's race at sport's day, oh how the parents just love it and Trips to the cinema to watch U/PG rated films is another example (we recently borrowed JB's nephew so we could go and see Nanny McPhee which was fantastic by the way).

Usually I get a bit bored at the cinema and find having to sit still and do nothing but watch rather frustrating - but this film was excellent. I loved the way that it catered for both children but also the adults by featuring 'retro' toys like the phone and the slinky dog.

It had me laughing so hard, particularly Barbie and Ken's love story, but in other places it had me holding back the tears. Yes, I'll admit it, a 17 year-old boy giving his toys away did strike a chord with me as I remembered my poor old Ted who sits on our spare bed.

I'm not really one for watching films more than once and it is extremely rare for me to actually buy a DVD (although I did buy Mamma Mia - which I love) I do think I'd watch this again. It's a poignant tale of childhood which audiences young and old can relate to.

No comments: