
Last weekend I visited my parents who live three hours away in Kent. My absence from the house meant that JB would have to cook for himself - I don't know why I worry about his ability to feed himself considering he spent a substantial amount of time fending for himself before he meet me and he's a fully grown man.
On my return I, of course, asked him what he'd eaten while I'd been away. He mentioned something about veggie burgers, beans etc - which I thought wasn't too bad. The next day, we went food shopping and as we strolled along the tinned product isle he let something slip, 'Oh, I had one of those the other day,' he said pointing his finger at the All Day Breakfast IN A TIN. When I asked him what he had it with he said, 'Oh well, erm, new potatoes.' Not bad, I thought, not bad. Surely the new potatoes balanced out the nutritionally vacant All Day Breakfast. Then he added, 'they were from a tin.' Oh dear.
Tonight JB is ill in bed and very unlike him, he does not fancy any dinner. Rather than cook up the fresh Cod, homemade chips and mushy peas I had bought for out dinner I lost all desire to cook just for myself. Usually we eat rather healthily, five a day and all that! But I am ashamed to admit it but my dinner tonight was no better, if not worse, than JB's car crash of a meal that involved tinned products. Tonight I have eaten: 2 x brioche; 1 x large packets of vegetable crisps; 12 x quorn chicken nuggets and mayo.
Oh dear. Get better soon JB!
1 comment:
Just reading this post makes me feel guilty about the food I eat! (I try, but sometime after breakfast my health-full intentions get shattered.)
Post a Comment