Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dreams...

Gloucester and I have started something that is just not going to stop. It will not go away. Every day, every waking moment I spend thinking and dreaming. Yes, you've guessed it, it's the good ol' 'sod it i'm leaving work and i'm going to open up a bookshop' dream again!

You see this is what holidays do to me. Not that i'm complaining but I seem to spend the holidays relaxing so much that when it comes to 6am Monday morning of the new term, i have already reeled off several alternative employment options and convinced myself that this really is the last time i bloody get up at this ungodly hour. Needless to say, I return to work day after day, greeting the kiddies with a Queenie smile!

But do you know, this time it feels different. I really do want to do something else. Look back at one of my first posts and you will see that I predicted this exactly. I know that i will not be a teacher forever, i feel that another 5 years max would be enough. Not 'cos of the kids or pay or hours necessarily but because I want to make the most of my life and fulfil an ambition. This weekend I researched into starting a business; Gloucester and I even drove round the neighbouring towns/villages to check out the 'bookshop' competition. I have a name for the shop. I know what i'm going to sell. I know how the shop will look and I know that maybe I am not living in the real world because I also know that it is a huge financial risk. However, Gloucester is 100% up for it (the business I mean! ha) and is willing to support us for a bit, financially.

So my friends, watch this space...

p.s started a writer's club with Teach, a good teacher friend of mine from uni and actually started with ideas for a book! Spot the Dog eat your heart out!

No comments: