Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Promo

So i went for it. I went for a promotion at school. Sat and wrote a long, thought out letter and actually went for promotion! The role is one of those roles that is 'new' to education, where a school gets a new initiative and then a whole job is created around that initiative. It's for a 'Curriculum Project Leader' currently for business and enterprise across the school. This reads as 'person-who-gets-the-little-gits-ready-for-the-scary-world-of-work-through-use-of-fun-activities-and-days-off-timetable!'

Now the letter was due in last Tuesday, a week ago, and I have heard little, except that they will be arranging interviews soon. I have a feeling I am actually the only person who has gone for it; could be good but also could be highly embarrassing if i don't get it! If I did get it then unfortunately I would still have a full timetable of classes to teach, but hey, it's a new challenge, a fresh source of motivation that i'm ready to embrace in this state of optimism i find myself in at the moment, oh and yeah it's more money too. Fingers crossed.

But for now, I have to get myself ready and limber up for the impending dread that is tutor parent day tomorrow. Staring at grown up versions of my tutor group from 8.10am until 4pm. Bring on copious amounts of coffee. Phew!

No comments: