Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's all 3D to me

JB and I went to see Alice in Wonderland at the cinema last night. Wow - it was fantastic.

Tuesday is our night where we both try to finish work at a reasonable hour -before 8pm - and plan to do something. Some weeks it's a coffee, some weeks it's a walk around the outlet village. This week it was the cinema.

I got there early and so went to buy the tickets. I flashed my student card, feeling rather pleased with myself as I got my ticket for a discounted price. Now the film was in 3D and so we were required to purchase a pair of groovy thick black rimmed shaded glasses to wear for the duration of the film. Lucky it wasn't a first date. As I paid, the boy behind the box office told me, 'they're £1.60 - but you do get to keep them'.

Grreat, I thought.I have a lot of call for 3D glasses in my everyday life. Nevertheless I paid and just smiled.

Meanwhile a young lad next to me was also paying, the man behind his box office said the same thing. 'The glasses, they're...erm...£1.60 but you do get to keep them'. The young lad next to me looked up.

'Wow. Really? Brilliant. Excellent thanks a lot,' he beamed as he was handed the plastic pair.

I have never heard anyone sound so happy and, well, grateful for having to pay £1.60 for a pair of rip-off and let's face it, highly embarrassing, 3D glasses.

(although I must say they were worth the money in the end)

No comments: