That is what I've got. And it's held firmly between my sweating palms.
An opportunity arose at work last week and after much thought I took it. As you know I'm not one for letting things pass me by and to think that I may have missed out would have haunted me. My Head of Department is leaving on maternity leave in May, meaning that her position needs to be filled for the next year. Being her deputy it would have meant that inevitably I would be left with the responsibility whether I wanted it or not. So after a good chat with JB I decided that I would offer to take it on because after all that is why I left my previous school - I wanted to progress in my career.
So from June I take over. I'm excited but apprehensive as I still have my Masters Degree to finish in the next year. But I like a challenge and I'll certainly be busy. Maybe one day I'll learn to say no!
No comments:
Post a Comment