Sunday, May 03, 2009

At the heart of all things

The joys of having nothing much to do at the weekend mean I have been able to look at some things that I have written over the past year. Here is one that I wrote about 6 months ago:


At the heart of all things

Seemingly never-ending,
A constant entity in life’s ever changing society,
This delicate structure hidden from sight
Nestled deep within and protected from the world outside.

Or so it would seem.

For the pain of life’s journey is familiar
Hurting, aching, wanting, needing, loving, longing,
Skipping a beat when they are near,
Hot liquid surges as a strong current in a torrent river.

And he approaches
I feel his warmth against the soft tissue that encases me,
He murmurs as I do,
I hear and feel him matching my rhythm. Together.

I flutter uncontrollably
I have command over her
I reassure her it is right
She hears my utterances
But Brain tries and fails to dominate me
And I win.

I rejoice at my win,
Trembling, flickering, enveloped like a dainty moth shrouded in cotton.

No comments: