Thursday, May 28, 2009

1% of crapness

My last post was about my move and the joys that it has brought me. It is true that 99% of my move is positive and brings about positive things but there is the 1% of crapness that moving brings with it.

JB and I have moved from our former homes, with former people and into this beautiful place in the country. Unfortunately in order to truly make it our own we need furniture and stuff. Now I have stuff, but this stuff has been stored in a garage for the past six months and needless to say it is in quite a state. I managed to get it all delivered to the new house yesterday, I was relieved that I didn't have to go and collect it myself because it was likely I would have would have cried/hit someone/screamed or quite possibly all three.

My belongings arrived at about 11.30am and the men kindly loaded them into the new lounge, of course they did not wipe their feet and so I spent the next hour cleaning my new floor. There's a mat - use it. So with my stuff in the lounge we had to get it upstairs and in to the appropriate rooms. Once this was done the assembling of the wardrobes took place.

Now I must point out that I have managed to get all the naff stuff from my former home with Gloucester. I have the rusty tin opener - he has the leather king-size bed - I have a 2ft by 2ft mat - he has the leather sofa - I'm sure you can see a pattern.

So I was quite happy when I managed to acquire two wardrobes from the house. Little did I know that when they had been dismantled they had been literally been ripped apart meaning that the reassembling of these items is virtually impossible, as poor JB was to find out when one fell apart and whacked him on the back of the head causing his coffee to fly all over the mattress - but that's another story!

Sometimes I think it would have been easier just to leave everything and start again. On the whole that is what we have had to do. However, we do now have two wonky wardrobes that are so dangerous I dare not go near them and a coffee stained mattress - I suppose we should be thankful!

1 comment:

MrsB said...

Ah, the 1%, I know it well. I am SO HAPPY to hear how much you love your new place, I'm going to have to come visit soon! And you can come visit my pseudo-country idyll, our cottage with the 8ft hedge round the front!

Xx
Sharon