I have been in such a mood for the past two days. And I don't like it one little bit.
I don't deal with 'moods' very well and certainly don't deal with bad moods in the way I think i should. You see a bad mood occurs in my life about five times a year , when I say bad mood I mean those moods where you just can't shake it off for the entire day. Recently, I encountered a 'bad' mood at work where I failed to get the promotion I wanted, felt utterly useless and proceeded to cry on any colleague within a five foot radius of me.
Both yesterday and today have seen me wrench my sorry carcass out of a suitably warm bed, at the ungodly hour of 10am - all I wanted to do was to return to the safety nest of my duvet and sleep until I could physically sleep no more. Did I have a late night? No. As usual I was tucked up in bed asleep at 11pm; a reasonable hour for someone who is on her holidays.
I have come to a conclusion that part of my miserable state is due to the weather. The constant drizzle that I watch pattering dismally against the windowpanes. (Sorry Ms Shelley, stole that phrase entirely from the wonderful 'Frankenstein' - Chap 4, or was it 5?) Seriously, I am fed up with it and find myself getting angry with the weather, shouting, 'oh will you just stop raining,' as I stare at the dirty grey clouds in the sky. As if that's going to do any good eh!
Tomorrow I must finish painting the bathroom, an ideal opportunity in this weather I know and i suppose I should do all the 'wet weather' jobs around the house. But, to be honest I'd much rather be sitting out in my garden, the sun beating down as I finish another chapter of my latest read...no chance.
2 comments:
That's no good! Two bad moods in two days, that is surely a record for you. Hope you do whatever you need to be happy soon.
What are you reading, by the way?
Post a Comment