Yesterday I had the great honour of accompanying my best friend, HB, to her final wedding dress fitting. There were five of us there, HB of course, her mum and dad, me and our other best friend, Mrs. (I call her Mrs. because she has recently got married herself!)
So we trundel into the shop and we sit down eagerly awaiting the curtain to open and HB to step out in all her glory. So, I sit there trying not to look around and look too interested in the dresses because 1) everytime someone sees me even slightly looking in a wedding dress direction they chime,"oh it'll be you next!" and give me a little punch on the arm and 2) I don't want to seem to sure of myself, I mean who knows what a man's thinking at the best of times!
Anyway, HB's mum, Mrs. and I were all shown how to do up the complicated tie/ribbon thing on the back of her dress, which I must say made me feel rather important, I mean that is an important job isn't it? And she just looked stunning, like a real queen, so beautiful. I could see tears in her dad's eye, how sweet.
Even though I don't get to see my two best friends much anymore, due to our commitments to work, our lovely boyfriends/husbands and the fact that two of us have moved away from the area we grew up in, I always remember how lucky I am. I have been chosen by these two girls to be a part of the biggest day of their lives. As I sat there (as I had done a few months earlier with Mrs.) I remembered all the funny things we used to get up to when we were kids: under 18's discos, hanging around town looking at boys, nights in with face packs, school, working in the worst coffee shop ever for like, 2p an hour! and now at 25 we are all still here together, still having fun and building even more memories for the future. Roll on December 30th 2006...
Can I also say to Mrs. have an excellent belated honeymoon in America x
No comments:
Post a Comment