Thursday, November 09, 2006

Birthday

Tuesday was Gloucester's birthday. A mile stone of twenty-eight years! I did the lovely girlfriend thing of getting up early and preparing tea, orange juice and 'ready brek', yes I know but that is all I could find in the cupboard! So I woke him up with a chorus of 'happy birthday' and he set about eating his breakfast. As he was opening cards, pressies etc I placed my tray of coffee and juice onto the bed. MISTAKE! It went everywhere, all over the bed, on the carpet, on the mattress. It was ruined. So as my usual sulky self I was convinced his birthday was ruined 'cos 'I couldn't even get the breakfast right' and so sulked in the bathroom for2 long minutes. After having a long talk to myself, 'for god's sake grow up' - 'get a grip' and 'don't be so selfish it is his birthday', I emerged from the bathroom and he proceeded to open his last present from me.

So... I had booked us tickets to see Jet at Brixton Academy. How excellent. We rocked and drank beer all night and pretended we were hardcore 'gig-goers' for the evening! Our hardcore image was short-lived however as we left at ten as had work in the morning!!!

No comments: