So Gloucester and I have purchased two babies. The cutest, sweetest little things I have ever seen! Two lil’ baby guinea pigs, named Max and Paddy (you know, as in Max and Paddy’s road to nowhere!)
Gloucester picked me up from work yesterday and I suggested that we pop into Pets At Home for a ‘quick look at the animals’. Yes, this is something that I do quite often, stop off at random pet shops to have a ohhh and an arrrr at the pets…hmmmm! Half an hour later and should I add, £82.49 later, we emerged through the sliding doors, proud owners of two multi-coloured, smooth haired guinea pigs.
Surprisingly, Gloucester let his ‘I’m a man’s man’ façade down for the evening and drove extra careful on the way home, avoiding all bumps and potential hazardous objects, so as to not scare them to death : - ) The fun began when we got home, I can’t remember ever being so excited! We prepared the cage and carefully cut up a range of colourful goodies for them to eat and then placed them into their new home. Gloucester and I mutually, but reluctantly, agreed that we, ‘best give them space and time to settle in first, best not keep getting them in and out of the cage to have cuddles’, and so were resigned to standing in silence in the freezing cold and dark kitchen, waiting and waiting for the moment when our guineas became brave enough to venture out of the comfort of their beds and explore their new home. Needless to say we did not catch even the slighest glimpse of them all night.
(Note: on reporting this event to Brooklyn, a friend and colleague of mine, she commented that getting a pet was the first sign of ‘a proper relationship’ – Really??? Well, watch this space then I guess!)
1 comment:
Well, first sign after the whole 'moving in together' business.
Post a Comment