Thursday, October 19, 2006

And so it starts.

My previous post gave reference to something Brooklyn had said to me about buying your first pet with your partner. I couldn't quite work out what people meant when they said that this was the sign of 'a real and proper relationship'. This confusion was short-lived however, and now I feel I am beginning to understand exactly what they mean.

Last night, just before bed, I decided that Max and Paddy did not look snuggly enough and so took it upon myself to hunt the house for a small box to put in their bed. Gloucester decided to jump on the band wagon and tell me how I should unfold the box and where I should put it. How annoying. It was my idea. I realised, after 10 minutes of ridiculous bickering about where it should go, how much hay should go in etc, that this was just the beginning. This is a warm up to all the other 'serious' things that inevitably happen when you move in with someone. It is a test. And buying a pet is just the start.

No comments: