Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pumpkin makes his debut

This year I have the pain pleasure of teaching A-Level Media Studies. While the subject is not entirely new to me (I was informed on my first ever day as a teacher that I would in fact be setting up, running and teaching A-Level Media - I went home and cried) it is some time since I have last taught it. My students are required to create a trailer, magazine cover and poster and all their planning and work must be recorded on a blog. Excellent, at least I know what a blog is. So that's a good start eh? You're probably thinking about the poor kids and that, because of me and my inadequacies, they will fail and you are probably shocked to discover that I was launched in at the deep end and just expected to teach them with no little training. Unfortunately that's the reality in teaching sometimes.

But, don't worry. I am planning on getting up to speed on how to use iMovie??? and the AppleMacs??? and how to edit, cut (and more media jargon) etc etc??? Tonight I have been sprucing up a new blog that I have set up especially for the purpose of showing my students 'how it's done'. hummmm. Anyway, I have managed to import my first ever video (see above) although I'm not sure that sharing a video of my cat is really going to convince my 17-year-old students that I have an ounce of street cred.

If anyone has any tips on how to do other whizz-bang things with blogs then I would be very happy to hear from you. I need as much help as I can get.

2 comments:

Nic's Notebook said...

Yay Pumpkin on video... so cute, love the way he keeps on "kissing" the camera :)

Nikki said...

Just went to an awesome workshop on this last weekend. We all had to do pod casts I can send you mine, although it is on farming so I'm not sure that will help your street cred!