Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Gallery: Back to School

It's back to school time. It's only been a week and it seems like we've never been away. I love my job and I love the kids. Most of the them. Most of the time.

This year I had the horrendous job of sorting out the timetables for the fifteen teachers in my department. Yes, it took my over twenty hours to complete and yes, it made my eyes go square but at least I could timetable myself to teach some of my favourite classes. I finally managed to keep just one lesson a week with my beautiful year 7 group and I saw them yesterday for the first time this academic year. As they walked into my room all grown-up year 8s, I was once again reminded why my job is so fabulous. Most of the time. And so I thought I'd share a snippet of the wonderful things that these little people create. This is a photo of one of my student's Roman Gardens. I have the pleasure (and pain) of teaching Latin, and, in an attempt to make it fun and relevant the students seem to 'make' a lot of stuff. The effort and care that's gone into this just makes getting up for work every morning so worthwhile.

2 comments:

Nic's Notebook said...

This is a great post - you must have bags of patience and dedication to be a teacher. Well done you :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful project.

You must be a fabulous teacher if your students are submitting work like this!