Monday, January 04, 2010

HB did it!

My best friend had a baby today.

And three (Mrs. HB and I) are now four - our tight little circle has widened to welcome the arrival of the beautiful Darcie Olivia Daisy Williams. And although my close friends have had babies there is nothing like your best friend having a baby. The beginning of a new era - someone who Mrs. and I can quiz without feeling embarrassed - 'so did it hurt?' - ' so what actually happened?' and possibly 'so is it true that you poo yourself?' - because we don't know until it happens to us and we know that HB won't think we're weird when we start asking all the questions that we've been dying to ask since the three of us learnt about conception in that dilapidated old science block when we were thirteen.

To say i'm proud is an understatement and I feel a way that I have never felt before; a funny mix of pride, love, awe and excitement all rolled into one big fuzzy feeling.

Well done HB xxxxx

No comments: