Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's not all bad

Isn't it amazing how one minute life is pretty shit and then the next things don't seem all that bad and the light at the end of the good old tunnel becomes visible again?

To be honest, the start of 2009 has been rather rubbish for me what with having my car clamped and towed costing me £400, having to find a tenant for my house and therefore paying rent and mortgage, my car dying and having to buy a new one, my beautiful little Lilly passing away and the freezing cold weather. All in all it's been crap.

So even thought I still don't really have two pennies to rub together, things do seem to be looking up. I have finally found a tenant for my house - a lovely lady and her 3 children, who seem to love the place, so I am at least glad that they will get some joy out of it and of course it means that my mortgage will be being paid. Secondly, Mrs., HB and I have booked a summer's holiday to Cornwall, which I can not wait for, some real time with my two bestest friends - something that is such a rarity these days. Then there's my job and in true Queenie style I decided that 'enough was enough' and set about, once again, changing my life and seeking a new job, new challenges blah blah... In the space of a week I had submitted an application for a promotion at another school, had an interview and bagged myself a job with more responsibility and more money - phew!

Away from work, life still exists - I'm loving my creative writing at college and am going to start my third term after Easter and, as per my last post, I am certain that I am going to move to Malmesbury after spending more or less every weekend there, sitting in their coffee shops. I've been walking their streets convincing myself that I am already a resident, nodding at my 'neighbours' as they walk by and cherrily saying 'hello' to people that I pass them on the street!

I can truly say that for the first time in a long time I feel contented and even just a little excited to be me...

1 comment:

MrsB said...

Aww, MissE, that's AWESOME. I am so excited for you! You should call me soon and let me know all the details.
Xx
MrsB!