Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tis the season...

Yes, it's the holidays. Whooopppiiiieeeeee doooooooooo! To say I've been looking forward to these holidays would be an understatement. To say that I limped (both literally and metaphorically) through the last few weeks of term would certainly be true. To say that I cried at work from sheer exhaustion would also be true and to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying my days off would most definitely be true.

The snow is here and, as long as it doesn't stop me from spending Christmas with my family then I don't mind it too much. I could even go as far to say that I love it! Pumpkin is loving skidding round on the snow covered grass and I can see exactly what he's been up to as his little paw prints give it all away. JB has finally had to accept my floral purple wellies that I have been wearing everyday for a week, but did declare that I must get a more suitable pair for fishing...erm why what's wrong with these? I wondered.

So, in the run-up to Christmas I thought I'd sit down and pen (well type) this Christmas update. JB is strumming on his guitar as I type - he's just bought a new amp for his electric guitar and so I'm being treated to a plethora of rock snippets in all kinds of keys! Thank god the neighbours are away!

We've just had a very nice lady round from a company called 'Muddy Dog Paws' and she will be looking after Pumpkin, Honey, Hartley, Paddy and Gordon over the Christmas period while we are away. The local teenager who we've previously used turned out to be more than useless so we've resorted to calling the professionals in and hey-presto and 75 quid later and we have ourselves a petsitter. Ok, Ok I know 75 pound (the pound sign does not seem to work on this keyboard hummm?) seems a lot but short of sending them all to the RSPCA or packing them all in the car with us and down the M4/M25, we didn't really have a choice did we?

So Happy Christmas to all of you in the blogging world and to my friends in far away places xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are all doing well!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Victoria said...

cheers xx