Thursday, December 23, 2010

Pah really??

I was just on the way to seek out a recipe for cranberry sauce on the web so I quickly popped over to my facebook account. I don't know why I don't just delete it as most of the time it just winds me up.

There was a new status from a guy that I used to work with, 'Blah Blah is now engaged - oh feel so grown up today!'

How ridiculous...

Why? you might ask.

Well it's ridiculous because despite being with his girlfriend, now fiance, for 8 years, he has spent that last 3 years that I have known him cheating on her.

He was once caught in a compromising position with one of my fellow teachers in the toilet of all places. How he got away with it God knows.

And then, JB and I were driving through the town where I work about this time last year. It's a small town and although it's close to a motorway it has that feeling of isolation So we were driving along and I was in the passenger seat. As we drove past Costa Coffee in the High Street I catch a glimpse of someone who looked like my friend Rach. I texted her, 'Were you in Costa in blah blah? I just saw you' and I pressed send.

A few minutes later I receive a weird blunt message, 'yes why? did you see who I was with?'

You don't need to be Miss Marple to work out that she was sitting there with him. They were apparently in love, he was apparently 'going through a bad time with his girlfriend', they were apparently going to be together.

Needless to say Rach and him split up a few months down the line. All the time his girlfriend was oblivious, living in the house they had just bought together and probably planning a future.

And now they are engaged. Call me cynical but I just don't believe him. I don't believe that he will be faithful, for richer and for poorer and all that. It makes my skin crawl to see the congratulations messages pinging up on his/her wall.  Let's just hope she realises before it's too late.

No comments: