Every minute of my day is accounted for. I live to a tight schedule. No room for movement.
Really I should be writing for my MA, something which I've wanted to do for at least six years but it's just another job to add to my ever growing list. How terrible - I'm so tired and busy that I don't have time to do the things I should enjoy. Instead I resent them.
To try to combat this problem, because I don't anticipate it improving any time soon, I have enlisted the services of a cleaner. An indulgence some might say. But I don't care. Two hours a week someone will come round and complete a list of jobs that I leave them - fantastic.
I generally get home a reasonable hour, usually between 5pm and 6pm, so surely I shouild have plenty of time to clean out cupboards, disinfectant the bin and swipe those cobwebs. But no. I get home and immediately tend to my small farm of animals (currently standing at: 2 x rabbits, 2x guinea pigs, 1 x cat, 7x fish) who need TLC, cleaning and feeding. Then it's indoors to prepare tea, whilst at the same time making two lunches for the next day. As I wait for the tea to cook I put washing on, fold up clean washing and put away. Wash up and dry up, clean the kitchen and perhaps move onto a spot of hoovering. We eat our tea, wash up, dry up and put another load of washing on. This is all before I have even thought of school work for the next day or allowed myself to get creative and write for my MA.
Recently weekends have been redundant too. Having family and friends in faraway places means that a visit will take an entire weekend meaning that all 'weekend' jobs get pushed into the weekday evenings.
I suppose I could just leave it all, dump my bag at the door, go to the computer and set about getting creative. But I know, my mind would wonder to the absence of the lunch in the fridge, the lack of dinner, the dirty clothes piling up and dust on the carpet.
So the cleaner starts on Tuesday and my oh-so-slightly-decreased timetable continues.
Phew...
2 comments:
Good for you -- now just make sure you don't clean for the maid. It won't save you any time!
I know I've already found myself doing that! hope you're well xxx
Post a Comment