So the new job has started and I have finally made the move from smoky ol' London to the green and sleepy hills of Gloucestershire. Or so everyone thinks.
Now let me put something straight, the people in this part of the world do not ride around on tractors, chew grass or amble along the street taking life in their stride. No I tell you. It is worse here than it is in London. I have never seen so many awful and I mean awful, drivers before in my life. Nor have I seen so many fights in a 'sleepy' little local market town before. Everyone here must be so bored that they drink-fight-drink-fight-drink. I don't get it. Where I am now is one of the most beautiful places in England but it seems that a majority of people who actually come from here don't realise how lucky they are. I look out of my window and I can see hills with sheep grazing in the shadow of the little church (abeit via a road outside my door but that's a minor detail!) I used to look out my window before to see drunks zig zagging along the streets, hurling abuse at any unsuspecting moving object that happened to pass by, then only to be woken by the glaring street light cleverly placed next to my bedroom window and the beautiful sound of police sirens!
What's more is some of the 'minors' that I have encountered during my brief time here are also rather shocking. You have London. Well known for challenging schools, a little ghetto and plenty of attitude, you kind of accept that that is just the way it is in many parts of London. Not in the countryside though? Surely not? But my friends, yes. There is so much attitude in these 'minors' that it makes Lily Allen sound polite. They think nothing of walking away when you speak, tutting and commenting of everything you say. It goes to show that it really doesn't matter where you are brought up, manners cost nothing, a little less attitude cost nothing. And I say 'Bring it on'!!
No comments:
Post a Comment