It is so depressing when you go to someone's house and have the attack of 'house envy'.
Now, this weekend I stayed with one of my best mates who has recently brought a new house with her urber-rich boyfriend! Anyway the house is of modest size, not as big as I was expecting, but everything inside was immaculate. Not a speck of dust to be seen. I couldn't believe it, how the hell does this women have the time to keep everything clean? I felt completely failed as a women.. you see I thought i was doing an ok job of the whole 'housewife and full-time job balancing act thing' but so obviously not, I returned home hungover on Sunday to a drab, messy house which made me feel even worse. I have since then not been able to stop myself doing housewifely things, and last night I: cooked dinner, hoovered, cleaned the kitchen, did 2 loads of washing and ironed clothes for the week. I am now off for round 2 with the washing machine and I have just invited the same friend + BF over for the weekend! best get cracking then eh?...
No comments:
Post a Comment