Sunday, November 28, 2010

practice what you preach?

I have to do a presentation at uni tomorrow and I'm dreading it. Really I should be good at it shouldn't I? It's what I do everyday at work isn't it?

The topic of my presentation: assessment and creativity.

hummmmmmm

I've done everything I tell the kids to do - plenty of reading; prepared a powerpoint of the main points; written out a page of notes (be sure not to read directly from the sheet); talked it through with JB; done a bit more reading; bored JB by asking him more questions like, 'so do you think that low intelligence is linked to low creativity?' and now I'm finished.

I also tell the kids to give themselves time, to take a deep breath, to be there early so it's not a rush BUT I finish at 2.10pm tomorrow, then have to rush to uni which is over an hour away, usually I run to the seminar room and I am always at least 20 minutes late and tomorrow won't be any different. And to make matters worse everyone else did their presentations together last week while I was sitting talking to parents at year11 parent's evening...right deep breath....

2 comments:

Nickie O'Hara said...

Good luck with it all! I'm sure you'll be fine - like you say, it's something that you do every single day of your life. Just imagine that they are a bunch of cheeky Year 7's.

BTW - I'm so glad I checked out who has been visiting my blog today. I managed to trace you back to here and I bloomin' love your blog posts. I am this far away *holds up small space between thumb and finger* from stalking you :D Give me a nudge on twitter if you have an account :) (@nickie72)

Nikki said...

Good luck with your presentation! I was late to uni every week while I finished my masters, drove me nuts, but the professor didn't seem to care as much as I did. Strange.