Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Lilly Cat




Gloucester and I have expanded our family further; we are now five! A beautiful 8 month old kitten called Lilly has joined our family (much to Max and Paddy, the guinea pig's disgust)!




Last Saturday, Gloucester and I went to the local animal sanctuary where they take in injured and abandoned cats and dogs. Poor little Lilly, previously known as Banjo! was there in a family pen just waiting to be taken home.




We collected her on Sunday and it wasn't until this time that we were told her harrowing story. Lilly is an irish cat and had to travel 15 hours to England to be rehomed, there are too many stray cats in Ireland and they are often seen as fermin. Lilly had wandered into a shop at about 5weeks old, her paws and pads had been burnt and her back leg was burnt to the bone. I could not believe that this sweet affectionate kitten had been subjected to such awful injuries. I mean who in this world could ever do that to a defenceless animal?




Anyway, Lilly is now living the life of reilly that she deserves. As I write this my eye lids are closing as I slowly fall asleep. My little darling spent most of the early hours of this morning playing and pouncing on my feet and amusing herself with my phone charger lead by the bed, purring around my head and trying to sneak beneath the covers.




So although I am just about able to keep my eyes open, I am happy in the thought that my little kitten has been able to trust us so quickly even after enduring the torturous hands of some evil person in the first few weeks of her life.

No comments: