Many of my recent woes have been partly due to the antics of some young people I have the pleasure of working with! You know when you're having a bad week and every little thing just cuts you to the core, when normally it would be like 'oh well whatever' and you would get on with your day as normal? Well, I was having one of those weeks a few weeks ago, to the point where I could not be assed to drag myself out of bed one morning.
Anyway, I'm over it now and feeling just fine. The kids are their 'lively' little selves in the run up to Christmas and do you know what, I actually love them for it. I kick myself when I let myself get affected by them, as you know what, they are just normal teenagers.
I was walking down the hall this morning and i heard someone running behind me. I turned and saw a year 11 approaching. He was clutching a Christmas card and thrust it into my face.
'For you Miss,' he said.
I looked at the card in amazement and then back up at his beaming face.
Inside it read: Dear Miss You are the best English Teacher ever :) Lots of Love (Student)
This is all I needed to reassure me that I am doing the right thing, and that a boy that gives me so much grief, actually does appreciate what I do in his own 16 year old way!
No comments:
Post a Comment